Winter School – 2018
*To book your place you must pay the deposit amount shown above. The remaining balance of £550 will be charged 8 weeks before the course starts*
This 5 day course is open to both complete beginners and those with experience. Students who have been on courses with us in the past can ‘fill the gaps’ and explore techniques they have missed or need to revisit.
For beginners, the key areas to be covered include:
- How to identify different leathers
- How to hand-stitch with confidence
- Techniques for cut edge finishing including bevelling, burnishing and creasing.
- Mastering paring/skiving
- Sharpening and maintaining hand tools
Additional areas to explore could be:
- Perfecting hand-stitching
- Box & butt stitching for making leather boxes, containers or bags
- Wet moulding pouches and bags
- Bound, turned and piped seams as construction options
- Making handles eg ‘fish tail’, trunk, attache, etc, including ’roundings’
- Attaching locks, straps, bag fasteners and zips
- How to design and make small leathergoods including various styles of wallet
A range of patterns will be available to use or students can develop their own ideas and work on personal projects including bags, belts, dog collars/leads, boxes, tablet /phone cases, briefcases, wallets etc. A range of leathers and fittings will be available for students to buy and use.
A set of tools is provided for each student to use. With a maximum of only 5 people everyone receives individual tuition.
Materials are not included in the course fee. (Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments are included within the course fee)
January 22nd – 26th ( Monday to Friday)
Course Fee: £1050
This is the total amount payable for the course.
Book your place below: