Wallets & Small leathergoods 2018
*To book your place you must pay the deposit amount shown above. The remaining balance of £550 will be charged 8 week before the course starts*
On this 5 day course students learn how to make ‘cut edged’ and ‘turned-edged’ wallets and small leathergoods. These include folding note-cases/wallets, credit card cases, phone/ipad cases, purses, passport covers etc. The leathers available will all be vegetable tanned, the linings could be thin leather or silk. Threads will be fine linen but some silk will also be available. Accurate and neat stitching is essential so learning how to achieve consistency will be a primary aim of the course.
Course notes will be provided.
The course syllabus aims to cover:
- Accurate pattern-making, the first step to a successful project
- Hand paring using both a paring knife and a bench mounted paring machine
- Construction options which include cut and turned edges & bindings
- Linings – thin leathers and fabric
- How to hand stitch skins such as calf, goat and pig skins
- Fittings suitable for fine work
- Finishing edges on cut-edged work – the options
Leather and lining materials will be available for students to buy for this course as they are not included in the course fee. However students can bring their own materials if they wish. Tools are provided for students to use and some will be available to buy at the end of the course. (Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments are included in the course fee)
October 15th -19th ( Monday – Friday)
Course Fee: £1050
This is the total amount payable for the course.
Book your place below:
MacGregor and Michael
37 Silver Street
Tel/Fax: (0044) 01666 502179