Top Frame Briefcases – 2018
*To book your place you must pay the deposit amount shown above. The remaining balance of £875 will be charged 8 weeks before the course starts*
Maximum of 4 students on this course.
This 6 day course is divided into two 3 day sessions with a rest day between. Through a staged process, this courses will teach the principle construction techniques for making a ‘top’ framed piece of luggage/briefcase. This style of case is also referred to as a Canadian Style briefcase.
The course is suitable for those with experience or students who have been on courses with us in the past, it is not suitable for complete beginners.
The key areas to be covered include:
- Pattern cutting according to the style elements chosen
- Choice options : leathers, locks and linings
- The making of the metal frame and covering the frame with leather
- Preparing and cutting out the leather for the body sections, the divisions, linings and handle
- Preparing and making the handle, attache or ‘D’ style, with the appropriate fittings
Students will need to have some experience in cut edge finishing, paring/skiving and of course, hand stitching and will be helped to perfect their skills. A range of leathers and fittings will be available for students to buy and use on the course as they are not included in the course fee.
A set of tools is provided for each student to use while on the course and a small range of materials and tools will be available for students to buy at the end.
(Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments are included within the course fee)
May 19th to 25th ( Saturday to Monday. Wednesday to Friday )
Course Fee: £ 1575
This is the total amount payable for the course.
Book your place below:
3 in stock