Men’s Leathergoods. 2021
*To book your place you must pay the deposit. The remaining balance will be charged 8 weeks before the course starts*
This 6 day course will focus on high quality leather accessories designed specifically for men. Students can also learn how to make ‘cut edged’ and ‘turned-edged’ small leathergoods (folding note-cases/wallets, phone cases, purses etc) using vegetable tanned leathers as well as box stitched Tray Purses.
The course syllabus aims to cover:
- Accurate pattern-making, the first step to a successful project
- Hand paring using both a paring knife and a bench mounted paring machine
- Construction options which include cut and turned edges
- Linings – thin leathers and fabric
- How to hand stitch fine leathers such as calf, goat and pig skins.
Items students can make include:
- Belts– from hide and skins, lined or unlined
- Messenger bags, computer cases, single compartment briefcases & folio’s
- Wallets, folding note-cases, travel wallets , tray purses & key cases
- Boxes for cufflinks, watches, jewellery etc
Patterns will be available to use ( traditional briefcase, wallets etc) but students will be encouraged to develop their own ideas and make their own patterns. A range of leathers and fittings will be available. This course is suitable for students with some experience or who have attended at least one of our other courses.
Cost of materials are not included in the course fees
With a maximum of 5 students everyone receives individual tuition. A set of tools is provided for each student to use and students can copy patterns to take away and use in their own workshops.
Book your place below:
MacGregor and Michael
37 Silver Street
Tel/Fax: (0044) 01666 502179