6 day course – 2014
This course has been designed to help students explore sources of inspiration, including looking at the history of bag styles, leading to the development of their own design ideas. Students learn about different leathers and construction techniques. A range of leathers and fittings are available to buy. Students may decide to design and complete a new bag during the course or may prefer to develop ideas, focusing on mastering techniques.
- Designing & Pattern making
- Choosing suitable leathers
- Linings,fittings, zips,locks and frames
- Hand stitching
- Hand paring/skiving ( thinning leather)
- Construction options and making techniques, including cut, turned, piped and bound edges
This course is only suitable for those who are already experienced in bag making or who have attended a ‘ making hand stitched leathergoods’ course here. Course notes are provided. The cost of materials are not included in the course fee and are charged for separately, depending what is chosen and used.
|April 6 – 11(Sunday-Friday)